Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jute Wrapped Ornament


I finally had the time to get into my craft room and make an ornament.  I have had the supplies for a while, but I somehow just couldn't find the time to go make it.  I was surprised when I finished making this ornament, that it took less than an hour.  So, if you are looking for a quick ornament to make for yourself or a future ornament exchange party, I think you will really like this one.  Enjoy!

Supplies

Clear Christmas Ornament
Jute
Hot Glue Gun
Ribbon
Embellishments 
(I used a pendant from Styled by Tori Spelling and Tim Holtz accessories.  All purchased at Michaels)


Start from the bottom of the ornament and hot glue the jute to the ornament.  I placed a strip of hot glue directly onto the glass ornament and then placed the jute on top of it.  


Here is a picture halfway through...almost there.


Finished.....


Hot glued the pendant to the center of the ornament.....


Put a dab of hot glue on top of the tassel and hot glue to the bottom of the ornament...


Finish off with a bow around the top of the ornament....


Hang on the tree and enjoy....told you it was easy!!!


Merry Christmas!!!

Linking to: 





Saturday Seven

I Heart Nap Time

SixSistersStuff.com

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


10 comments:

  1. So cute! They're cute even without the embellishments~ but I do love me some sparkle too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it is cute with just the jute, but I love the bling on it. It makes it sparkle on the tree. Thanks for the comment. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Visiting from TT&J. Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    XOXO

    Jenn @ Social Salutations

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love this. The contrast between the jute and the sparkle is awesome. Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!!! I love it!!!! Great blog too. I'm Hanna and I am your newest follower:) HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. this s so great i love its so pretty,
    i wonder if you would come and share it at my linky party at http://www.twiggstudios.com/2012/12/sunday-show-off-linky-party_8.html

    hugs aimee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful, Missy! I love the natural texture with a little bling! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the Jute & Jewel combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly
    Clever Chicks Blog Hop:

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-13.html
    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog and this project with jute - gorgeous! Just wanted to let you know I featured you in my roundup of jute craft projects here. Feel free to check it out if you want and hope you like it! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...